Near to the the castle lies the parish church of St. Donato.
As reported in the "News of the Mountain of Orvieto", its origins date back to the 14th century since the Bishop of Orvieto, Monsignor Perotti, visited it in October 1357. At the time, the church of Pornello belonged to the Parish of St. Maria De Rosa.
Over the centuries, the church of St. Donato has undergone many changes that have not diminished its Medieval appeal.
The Holy Mass is still celebrated on the 1st Sunday of each month at midday, as well as on the occasion of the major liturgical feasts.
The church can be visited on appointment, by mailing to: email@example.com